My client based in Luton is looking for a Head of management Accounts on a fixed term contact.
Key responsibility is efficient and accurate preparation and presentation of Financial Reporting in the form of the Profit & Loss and Balance Sheets. The Management Accounts team prepare and analyses the financial information from the P&L for sites and Head Office to assist the wider organisation make well-informed decisions on the current and future profitability and growth of the company. In addition the Head of Management Accounts is responsible for managing five team members.
The person applying for the role will be expected to perform the following tasks/duties:
• Month End duties including:
- Prepare accrual/prepayments by nominal by working day 5.
- Review all P&L lines by working day 6 including first flash reporting with CFO.
- Produce a full and accurate set of P&L's by Day 8.
- P&L issue – manage Finance Analyst and site expectations.
• Balance Sheet reconciliations – complete reconciliations including all payroll reconciliations on a monthly basis. Review and file all team reconciliations each period. In additional monthly payroll to P&L reconciliations for external auditors.
• Contributing towards the PST overheads budget process as well as assisting the FP&A team during budgeting by providing information/costs when requested and provide insight and reasoning for proposed budget/forecast.
• Team Management – Manage day to day performance, motivation and output. Annual appraisals must be completed; regular 1:1’s and team meetings. Support and coach team members where possible, provide guidance by way of setting goals, communicating ways of working and leading by example.
• Manage the P&L query Helpdesk, team to respond to all P&L Queries within 10 working days of receipt.
• Ownership of the Finance training course/materials for Albert’s Accolade. Revise/update or re-write the Finance course and ensure all members of the team are able to deliver and train to a high standard.
• Attend Area Meetings, delivering presentations on P&L’s and dealing with queries from sites & AM’s.
• Key Finance support for Payroll/Fourth. Includes dealing with both HR and Payroll to ensure P&L reporting is accurate whilst dealing with confidential information. Can involve additional project work for any major changes to payroll/payroll providers and payroll reporting.
• Acquisition/integration management. Fully responsible for ensuring Management accounts are successfully and smoothly integrated into the system during an acquisition.
• Additional ad hoc project work on a regular basis.
Please apply if you are interested.