Leading the dedicated Housekeeping and Laundry team you will be responsible for all aspects of the day to day management and for ensuring the delivery of a high-quality housekeeping and laundry service.
The post holder will ensure full compliance by their team with health, infection prevention and control and waste management legislation, meeting the exacting standards expected within a healthcare and hospice environment.
The post holder will be responsible for providing supervisory support, training and advice to the Housekeeping and Laundry team and will be responsible for all appraisals of their team members
• To ensure a flexible high-quality cleaning and management of the laundry to meet the changing needs and demands of the service
• Liaise with patients, carers and clinical staff to provide and maintain a clean and pleasant environment in line with CQC standards and regulations
• Liaise with nursing team as required to ensure a consistent and high standard service is always provided to patients, in the event of any restrictions to the housekeeping or laundry services
• As part of the housekeeping and laundry team undertake all cleaning and laundry duties as required in order to ensure compliance with infections control and operational standards, always acting as a role model
• Be responsible for all aspects of storage, preparation and use of cleaning consumables and equipment to meet organisational and COSHH requirements, notifying as required any concerns to the relevant manager/team leader
• Ensure economic use of materials and daily monitoring of items in stock to maintain appropriate levels. This will include the management of any delegated budgets and associated contracts for service providers in accordance with the organisational policy and procedures
• Update and maintain the work and attendance records (electronically) for the housekeeping team including Duty Rota’s and Staff Absence Returns as required by the organisation
In return you will receive fantastic benefits, for more information please contact Donna at Reed