An exciting opportunity to join our client as Head Chef in Ipswich.
Our client are a growing independent business with venues in Ipswich and Colchester and are known for its authentic smokehouse experience.
Food is served throughout the day with a focus on slow-cooked, smoked American barbeque-style food and gourmet burgers using local produce at the heart of everything they do. They have an excellent reputation for hosting Taster Evenings every month on our restaurant floor, as well as private functions and corporate team days.
Main responsibilities include assisting the Executive Head Chef of TWM on the following aspects:
• Menu building/design
• Maintain labour costs by creating affective schedules
• Health and Hygiene Management
• Stock control
• Liaising with suppliers and contractors
• Leading the kitchen during service
• Recruiting, training and developing staff members
• Conduct performance reviews and one to one’s for team members
• Liaising with management
• Proven experience as head chef, 3 years
• Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management
• Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress
• Outstanding communication and leadership skills
Key skills we are looking for;
• A motivational leader under any circumstances
• Culinary skills to teach and train others
• A calm temperament in a busy environment
• Great people person as you will be working in an open kitchen environment
• Enthusiasm for BBQ food
The successful applicant will have minimum of three years’ experience in the same/similar management role. Have a profile to be the motivator and mentor to your team and have first-class communication skills.
Whats in it for you?
In return we can offer you a competitive Head Chef package with a bonus scheme and an attractive salary of £26,000 to £28,000 per annum
Please call Michelle Topley on 01603 616190 or email your CV to email@example.com. Alternatively apply online.