My client, a global investment bank are looking for a Guarantees - Team Leader to join their team in Central London.
Responsible for all aspects of the day to day running of the Guarantees area.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of guarantees and associated work.
- Preparation and issuance/re-issuance/checking of guarantees including Tender Bonds, Advance Payment Guarantees, Performance Bonds, Retention Monies Guarantees, Customs Guarantees etc., (including the booking of our share of syndicated loans and guarantees).
- Follow-up work on guarantees including amendments, extensions, cancellations/releases, queries and claims.
- Claiming and handling receipt of all related fees commissions.
- Maintaining Excel spreadsheets and monitoring/agreeing suspense accounts at month end.
- Providing advice to clients and Front Office. Reviewing and helping to structure guarantee texts. Vetting/drafting guarantee texts for clients. Ensuring the compliance of client requests with authorisations held.
- Maintain an up to date set of procedures
- Ensure that all necessary controls and reporting are undertaken on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Processing appraisals for guarantee members of staff
Experience of all aspects of guarantees work within a similar organisation.
Specialist knowledge of the different products processed in the Guarantees area.
Knowledge of ICC rules for Guarantees.
Functional knowledge of all systems used in his area.