Working with this large global organisation based in Bristol who are currently recruiting for a statutory accounting manager on a full time permanent basis.
Having shown strong growth in 2020 off the back of some solid results across the business, they require a technically strong and dynamic financial accountant with practical knowledge or UK GAAP, IFRS and ideally differences to US GAAP.
You will be responsible to managing and controlling the timely and accurate statutory and management reporting of the UK and European Corporate entities. You will also be responsible for the financial statutory compliance and compliance with internal controls, accounting standards and the legal and regulatory framework.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of UK registered financial statements and support relevant non UK based companies.
- Monthly management submission and coordination to Group across the entities
- Coordinate the half and full year audit
- Preparation of annual budgets and forecasts.
- Completion of statutory tax packs for internal and external compliance
- Ensure compliance with relevant policies, internal controls and guidelines including satisfying SOX requirements.
- Oversight and reporting of the two UK legacy and one Irish defined benefit pension plans.
- Monitoring changes in UK GAAP and IFRS accounting standards and financial statement disclosure requirements across all the UK entities..
- Review of transactional activity and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts including bank reconciliation.
- Approval of bank payments and loan movement transactions.
- Control and reconciliation of recharge process between various entities
- Proactively work with internal, external auditors and group teams to assess and prepare for accounting standards and regulatory framework change implication for UK entities including SOX compliance.
- Continuous review of procedures, alignment of processes and best practice recommendation to standardise wherever possible.
- Dealing with any ad hoc projects and actions as required.
The Ideal candidate would have most of the following:
- Qualified accountant with three to five plus years post qualification experience with a good understanding of operating within an international Shared Service Centre environment.
- Practical knowledge or UK GAAP, IFRS and ideally differences to US GAAP
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail, be organised and results orientated whilst working to deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills across different levels in an organisation with a commitment to service delivery.
- Maintain good working relationships with stakeholders both inside and outside the group
- A competitive Salary
- A company Car (or allowance)
- Private Medical Insurance
- A very generous performance related bonus scheme
- Car park
- Health screening
- Group income protection
- Life assurance x 6 salary
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
If you have the necessary skills and experience and would like a challenging role, APPLY NOW and I’ll be in touch with all suitable candidates.