Our client, a prestigious PR consultancy require a European Financial Controller to be responsible for the performance of the finance and accounting team for their European offices. In addition to the management of the finance group, Group FC is expected to partner with the business management team to drive finance forward.
The Group FC is responsible for maintaining all corporate policies and procedures, ensuring each office is meeting all statutory requirements and following US GAAP accounting.
The successful candidate will report into the European Finance Director, based in London.
Primary Position Responsibilities
- Oversee the financial management of the assigned region
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of financial statements and ancillary reports
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts as part of the monthly close process
- Oversee and manage cash flow and working capital
- Oversee all audits for each office within the assigned region
- Ensure all required tax returns are filed as appropriate and compliance requirements are met
- The assistance of budget and forecast process with business management and managing directors
- Ensure all aspects of the department operate in accordance with company policies, US GAAP, and statutory requirements
- Ensure all accounting, finance and administrative processes are operating effectively
- Actively manage the region’s overhead costs
- Ensure that transfer pricing policies are in place and documented effectively
- Manage the regional office space needs
- Improve efficiencies and effectiveness of the finance function, including system enhancements
- Manage the treasury, finance, accounting, and compliance functions with the necessary processes and internal controls to safeguard the corporate assets
Supervise, develop and mentor financial staff within the region
Professional accounting qualification, ACA/ACCA preferred
Have had international experience,multi region preferably in Europe
Experience gained within a communications, professional services, media or creative agency would be desirable and the following European language skills desirable ,French, Italian and German