My client is a global leader in digital writing and drawing solutions is looking for a well-rounded professional for the role of Group Accountant. The ideal candidate will provide leadership and coordination of company financial planning, accounting and budget management functions
Responsibilities will include:
• Preparing financial statements, monthly reporting and annual statutory accounts for all affiliates, which are located in UK, US, and Sweden
• Reporting business taxes; VAT return, Corporation Tax, annual reports to company house
• Management of external and internal auditor processes
• Producing reports for budget and forecast statement of profit and loss in monthly and regular basis
• Reviewing daily cash flow and weekly cash flow forecast
• Ensure company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles.
• Ensure compliance with local, multiple countries’ tax reporting requirements.
• Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
• Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Serve as primary liaison relative to company financial issues.
• Manage financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
Requirements will include:
• 3+ years as Group Accountant
• 5 to 12 years of working experience within finance
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounting with a strong academics background
• Experience with a track record of driving positive results in hands-on environments
• Experience managing relationships with external auditors
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
• Work requires excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight time frames and simultaneously manage several projects
• Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings
• Must be an expert in Microsoft Excel
Candidates Attributes need to include:
• Ability to handle a sophisticated line of questioning with a well reasoned point of view
• Diplomatically handles conflict and encourages constructive confrontation and feedback
• Detail oriented and fact based communicator
• Resilient and agile leader in an environment of rapid growth and execution, tight deadlines and highly analytical and diverse management team.
• Exceptionally strong judgment, integrity and social awareness of different cultures and languages
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to explain complex financial issues or concepts to non-financial audience.
• Team player
This role is to be based in Southwark, London with occassional travel to Basingstoke.
To find out more, email me now at email@example.com