General Role Description
To be part of a multi-disciplinary team who carry out grounds maintenance and cleansing duties throughout the borough in line with current Health and Safety legislation. This post has a primary function for Street Cleansing
Duties and Responsibilities
Core responsibilities and duties will include:
- To ensure streets and public areas are maintained appropriate to their needs and designed maintenance and improvement programmes in line with service standards and the benefit of the residents of Doncaster.
- Carry out general duties, working outside in all weathers and undertake tasks allocated appropriate to seasonal working arrangements and any emergency call-out situation.
- To have a high impact within the neighbourhoods and communities of Doncaster whilst being a service request point of contact for customers, dealing directly with enquiries ensuring good customer relationships, acting in a professional manner as an ambassador for Doncaster Council.
- Undertake additional multi skilled tasks within the other service areas as required to meet the demands on the service, helping to ensure a year round service is maintained.
- To work safely using the appropriate available equipment including mobile technology and report any occurrences/conditions to the line manager that are considered to be unsafe including activities, accidents, hazards, vehicles, machinery and equipment defects.
- To provide professional support and to share good practice within the team.
- To participate in the Councils standby arrangements including winter maintenance and 24/7 standby cover. Take an active role in the event of an emergency, supporting, advising and assisting the Emergency Planning Team
Specialist Skills and Knowledge
Beneficial skills, knowledge and experience required to fulfil the role include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of legislation relating to health and safety requirements of the post
- Knowledge and experience in the use of a variety of horticultural and street cleansing equipment
- Full driving licence
- Use of IT systems
- Experience of customer facing service delivery
- Willing to undertake further training to enhance skills within role
- CPC / HGV Licence beneficial
- Increased rates for supervisory experience / duties.
Multiple opportunities and contracts for minimum 6 months but likely to be extended,