Our client is seeking a key person to be part of their design team. The role is varied and interesting and needs a designer who is happy to get involved in a variety of tasks. The role of designer will often be completing powerpoint decks on behalf of clients, ensuring they have attractive templates and animations.
You'll collaborate with internal teams, interface with clients, and work with partners and vendors.
Job Purpose: To provide professional support and creative input to the design team and to the producers in providing the delivery of all graphics related solutions for our clients.
• To support the producers and directors as required for creatively interpreting design briefs.
• To convey concepts using graphics to market our cutting edge designs in support of the pitching process.
• To work collaboratively with the exhibition & display design team in providing innovative creative input and bespoke design solutions to present to the producers.
• To support in the management of work schedules, meeting deadlines and budgets etc
• To provide design solutions that will meet a given client budget whilst still maintaining the highest specification possible.
• To liaise with clients to determine their detailed requirements in order to deliver the perfect solution.
• To complete all graphic work as directed by the producers or the client to a high standard (this includes print, screen and any other design work).
• To gather information using available resources in order to cost out a reasonable estimated quote for the work.
• To encourage work colleagues to support each other and share best practice through discussion, training and practical demonstration.
• To contribute proactively through ongoing communication, meetings etc with all appropriate departments.
• To take responsibility for being at the forefront of the design profession by keeping abreast of new developments in design and technology.
• To cover for holidays, sickness and absences etc in the design department.
Highly competent user of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) (E)
Proficient in all MS office applications and PC desktop systems (E)
Advanced level PowerPoint design skills (E)
Strong interpersonal and communications skills (E)
Excellent visual presentation skills (E)
Experience in all areas of graphic design: animation, publishing, illustration, photography, infographics etc (E)
Experience of working with a wide variety of design layouts including exhibition design, banners, signage etc (E)
Knowledge of Website and App Design (D)
Experience of working in a pressured environment adhering to strict timelines and deadlines whilst still delivering great service (E)
A multi-tasker who has the ability to prioritise and manage own workload and also support the team (E)
Project management experience (D)
Professional and personable individual (E)
A creative flair for design (E)
A strong visual sense and identity (E)
Ability to work on their own and be a good team player when required (E)
A positive and flexible approach to work with an ability to react to change as it happens (E)
A self-motivated, enthusiastic individual with a good sense of humour (E)
An interest in live events & exhibitions (D)
Driving licence (D)