We are currently looking for Graduate Teaching Assistants for a school in Blackburn. This is a fantastic opportunity for recent graduates to gain school based work experience prior to embarking on a teacher training course. Working closely with highly experienced and talented teachers you will gain an academic year's worth of experience in a secondary school. Providing cover in classes, delivering intervention work in your subject specialism and working as a teaching assistant you will gain a full breadth of experience in a school. These are full time term time opportunities to commence in September.
The successful applicant must:
• Must have a degree (preferably 2.1 or above)
• Preferably have a degree in English, Maths or Science
• Be keen to pursue a career in education and make a real difference to the whole school community
• Previous experience of working of volunteering with young people would be beneficial
• Be reliable, committed and interested in working with students and demonstrate the qualities of a good role model (qualities of compassion, trustworthiness, politeness and good listening skills)
• Have good interpersonal skills; be trustworthy, punctual as well as being patient and confident when working with children.
· High quality training and support and an opportunity to gain fantastic school based experience
· Opportunities to work across a number of schools
· Competitive rates of pay - opportunity to earn up to £1250 a month
· Dedicated consultant to support you within your role
Reed Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, including a Children’s barred list check and satisfactory referencing.
Please email us an up to date CV or contact us on 01772 567302.