With the news that schools are to reopen their doors in September 2020, subject specialists to provide support to students after months out of the classroom will be in high demand.
If you are a graduate looking to gain experience in a school setting, Reed Education are here to help. In particular, English and Maths are key subjects, though if you have a specialism in any subject taught at KS3 or GCSE, then we can help.
Working with schools across Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire, you will need to have some flexibility around working across that area.
Typically, schools will recruit Graduates into roles such as a Teaching Assistant, where you can offer your expert subject knowledge whilst gaining valuable classroom experience. Many graduates use this type of role as a way to get into teaching, as universities will always look favourably on this type of experience on a teaching application.
This is by its nature temporary work, however as Reed Education are a busy agency we will help to support in providing work in suitable schools and expanding your options as your experience grows.
What can you expect the role to entail?
The roles can vary from school to school, though you will typically be working either with a small group of students or 1-2-1 to provide support.
- Assisting students either in lessons to aid their understanding of the content of the lesson
- Providing catch-up sessions for students who have gaps in their learning, either as a result of ongoing difficulties/SEN requirements, or due to the impact of being outside of the classroom during Covid-19.
- Working closely with the teachers to ensure that you follow their classroom rules or processes
- Working with teachers and other schools staff to interpret lessons, using your strong subject knowledge to help bridge gaps in learning.
- To work with the department to both adapt and create materials that suits the children you work with.
- A competitive pay rate paid weekly
- A specialist consultant with over eight years’ experience of working with schools who will work with you and provide you with additional support such as CV writing, interview guidance and honest feedback.
- Access to CPD including Safeguarding training, PREVENT and Team Teach.
- Refer a friend scheme of £100 per referral.
- Access to our pension scheme
Our registration process is clear and straight forward, and in light of the current situation has been made complete remote so that you can enjoy a risk-free registration, leaving us to work in the background and make sure you are ready when the schools are.
To get in touch and find out more, apply now to Claire Seeley at Reed Education.