One of the largest housing associations based in London are looking to recruit two Governance Officers (Development vehicles) on a 3 months temp to permanent post. The role will be work from home until further notice with their offices based in London Bridge. The role is full-time Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week.
Purpose of the role:
To provide company secretarial services to the governance team in the housing association and its operating companies and in particular joint ventures (JVs) special purpose vehicles (SPVs) and resident management companies, support the Company Secretariat in ensuring the housing association fulfils its legal and regulatory obligations and maintains the highest standards of probity.
Due to the nature of the role, the client is willing to provide the necessary training and development to the successful applicants. Therefore, this is an entry level role where the client is seeking applicants with the necessary transferable skills, qualifications, experience and most importantly the desire to work in the field of governance.
- A good understanding of development vehicles and other organisations with similar interest such as resident management companies (which can be obtained by doing some research)
- Understanding the role of the company secretariat
- Confident at working with people at different levels, including the most senior staff in an organisation – stakeholder management
- Experience of writing reports, policies, and procedures
- Excellent attention to detail for minute taking and legal documents
- Proactive approach to work, able to prioritise time and work
- Able to use initiative, identify issues and create solutions, responding appropriately
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook and various computerised databases and electronic records
- An understanding of confidentiality and able to deal with sensitive information appropriately.
- Customer focused; able to provide an excellent customer service
- A flexible working attitude with the ability to work out of hours and travel to other offices when required
- Applicants must be willing to obtain ISCA qualification if successful (this will be paid for by the client)
- Reporting to the Governance Manager (Development Vehicles)
- To service effectively JVs, SPVs, boards, committees and other stakeholder meetings as required. Servicing meetings, which could include:
- Working with the relevant Chairs and Directors to ensure the smooth running of meetings
- Ensuring meeting are properly convened and run in accordance with the relevant constitution
- Taking minutes
- Preparing and distributing board packs using a specialist application
- Liaising with colleagues from across the business to ensure timely submission of board and committee reports Prepare and disseminate minutes and monitor action plans
Applicants applying to this role must be interested in going permanent, as the role will be offered permanent to the successful candidate after 3 months. If you are currently in the market and have the relevant skills, qualifications, and experience to make it in corporate governance space, apply now for immediate consideration.