One of the largest housing associations based in London are looking to recruit a Governance Officer on an initial 3 months contract (with possibility of further extensions if all goes well) to join their team. The role is full time, Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week. Role will be work from home until further notice.
Purpose of the role
To provide company secretarial services to the border team within the housing association and its operating companies and in particular joint ventures. (JVs) special purpose vehicles (SPVs) and resident management companies, support the Company Secretariat in ensuring
The housing associations fulfils its legal and regulatory obligations and maintains the highest standards of probity.
- To service effectively JVs, SPVs, boards, committees and other stakeholder meetings as required. Servicing meetings.
- Working with the relevant Chairs and Directors to ensure the smooth running of meetings
- Ensuring meeting are properly convened and run in accordance with the relevant constitution
- Taking minutes
- Preparing and distributing board packs using a specialist application
- Liaising with colleagues from across the business to ensure timely submission of board and committee reports
- Prepare and disseminate minutes and monitor action plans
- Assisting with ensuring board members and in particular staff who are directors understand their roles and responsibilities (including regulatory obligations and obligations under the relevant code of governance)
- Providing advice and support and assisting with organising training for resident management companies
- Assisting with filing confirmation statements and accounts
- Advising on probity matters and delivering training, where necessary
- Responsible for statutory files including minutes, board papers, certificates and various returns
- Assist with the compilation of any reports, evidence gathering and/or certification required by boards
- Assisting with various ad-hoc requests
- Ensure compliance with the organisation’s Equality and Diversity policy and relevant legislation
- Ensure compliance with and promotion of the organisation’s Health and Safety policy and legislation
- Demonstrate a commitment to environmentally friendly practices in line with the organisation’s Environmental Sustainability Strategy and relevant legislation
Due to the nature of the role, application will need to have experience working in the field to be considered. Apply now for immediate consideration.