|Location: CENTRAL LONDON, LONDON||Salary: 22.00 - 25.38 GBP Per Hour|
|Sector: Legal||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 8 days ago||Reference: 3141837|
There are TWO positions for lawyers to carry out advisory work in the VAT, Customs and Excise team which is part of a business tax team. The team undertakes work that looks at the interpretation and application of tax legislation and guidance and gives advice to officers. Much of this advice is linked to litigation. The team also gives legal advice on the development of policy and draft Finance Bill legislation, including considering compatibility with the Human Rights Act and EU law. Both types of work entail working closely and building ongoing relationships with administrators, team members and other members of the department.
• To manage broad range of varied case work activities complying with policies, standards, procedures and service level agreements
• Deal with complex and non-routine cases exercising appropriate levels of delegation and risk management
• Maintain accurate and comprehensible case files
• Co-ordinate all activities relating to the successful completion of the case including
• Ensure the timely handling of invoices during each case
• Comply with Litigation Group’s Quality policies
• Provide a legal service that addresses client needs from outset of each case through to case completion
• Provide a legal service that is proactive not reactive
• Manage all aspects of the client relationship for each allocated case
• Align the service provided with the client needs in a way that enhances the Agency’s reputation
• Build and maintain relationships with clients demonstrating an understanding of commercial, political and policy context including effective use of the relevant client care system
• Ensure each client is aware of the agreed extent of the service to be provided and cost implications
• Keep each client informed as the case progresses.
You need to have good self-awareness, a commitment to using feedback to learn and develop as a professional, good IT skills and good legal professional skills, including the following essential requirements:
• Reliable legal judgement and appreciation of legal risk
• Sound analysis of issues, using secure legal research
• Making evidence based decisions
• Managing a quality service for clients
If you are an intellectually capable, highly motivated lawyer with powerful oral and written communication skills and good interpersonal skills, then you are an ideal candidate for this role and may soon find yourself working in this integral team of lawyers.
Please be advised that public sector and tax law experience is desirable but not essential.
Apply now to be considered for shortlisting!
Alternatively, contact Reed Legal if you have any questions or to discuss your suitability for the role. Laura Meek, from our London office, will be available for a confidential discussion.
0207 220 4740
35000.00 - 50000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
NEWBURY, BERKSHIRERead more
19.00 - 21.92 GBP Per Hour
WEMBLEY, MIDDLESEXRead more
CENTRAL LONDON, LONDONRead more
27.00 - 30.00 GBP Per Hour
WEST BRIDGFORD, NOTTINGHAMSHIRERead more
35000.00 - 45000.00 GBP Per Annum
BRISTOL, AVONRead more