GARDEN CENTRE MANAGER/ PLANT NURSERY MANAGER
STOCKPORT UP TO £22,000 + BENEFITS
REED are supporting a reputable, industry leading Nursery who are seeking an experienced Garden Centre/ Plant Nursery Manager with excellent customer service experience to manage their expanding team.
This business have moved from strength to strength, also have excellent reputation as well as being leaders in their industry.
- Greeting Customers and advising face to face
- Being responsible for care of plants to ensure they are healthy and ready for sale, including watering, feeding
- The role is very hands on and will be working with rest of the team getting plants on benches, maintaining high retail standards and helping customers.
- Understand seasonality and be prepared to go the extra mile in peak season.
- Contribution to growth and vision of business
- Ensuring the nursery is maintained, organised and kept in an immaculately clean condition, and of course the plants themselves.
- Ensuring stock is watered appropriately and irrigation systems (drip and overhead) are appropriately maintained.
- Assisting in all aspects of dispatching customer orders.
- Strong gardening and plant knowledge, particularly maintaining plant welfare and stock turn within a busy store environment.
- Background and passion for horticulture
- Experience in managing high volumes of plant sales, an advantage
- The ability to change pace where required to fulfil the tasks in hand
- High standards and quality in all processes is essential
- Forklift experience an advantage
- Be willing to work in an outdoor environment and to get stuck into everything that comes your way.
Ideally from a Garden Centre or Wholesale Nursery background. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in plants and trees
Please send your CV for immediate consideration and a confidential discussion about the available opportunity by clicking the “Apply now” button