REED Engineering & Manufacturing are working with a Leading Engineering & Manufacturing Company with a global client base.
6 MONTH FIXED TERM PERMANENT CONTRACT
To work in a team operating ESR and VAR furnaces.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Contribute to the safe and efficient operation of furnaces through:
• Safe crane handling of electrodes, ingots and furnace crucibles.
• Maintenance of a high standard of housekeeping in line with safety and QA hazard audit requirements.
• Adherence to QA procedures and generating/maintaining prime melt records.
• Crucible preparation.
• Calculating stub lengths (including manual calculation).
• MIG welding of electrodes/stub bars & use of manual arc welding sets.
• Furnace loading and stripping.
• Operating furnace control systems.
• General crane and forklift truck movements.
Candidates with experience of manufacturing/metals industry would be highly advantageous.