This is an exciting opportunity to join a charity organisation based in Didsbury and really make a difference to the community. As the Trust manager, you will plan and implement effective strategies to maximise charitable income by securing gifts from charitable trusts and foundations. If you have experience working with trusts or have a strong project management/bid management skills then this is the role for you.
• Accountable and responsible for the growth of the charitable trusts and foundations income – as set within the charity strategy
• Manage a fundraising coordinator/assistant which will include the day to day management, performance supervision and development requirements
• Collate information from successful Charitable Funds Committee proposals and provide written, vibrant, interesting project briefs for funding applications.
• Identify potential charitable trusts and foundations to approach and match to the most suitable source of funding
• Prepare project proposals for charitable trusts in the format required by the fund holder to optimise possibility of success
• Work collaboratively with colleagues to commission and develop a programme of appropriate and effective events to maximise income generation and achieve pre agreed targets
• Undertake project work as assigned by the senior management team
• Take responsibility for own learning and for keeping up to date with all relevant charitable and legal issues to ensure all activities comply with legal requirements and are as effective as possible
• Lead on the provision and implementation of various high level materials such as the annual impact report, the charitable funds committee papers, the delivery of the console content and any other special projects as advised by the senior management team.
• Previous experience as a Trust Manager/Trust office role would be advantageous however will consider good project management experience or bid manager/writing experience
• Experience of researching detailed information using a diverse range of printed and IT sources, as well as working with databases to generate income
• Experience of managing financial budgets and working to financial income targets
• Strong Stakeholder management
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to develop and manage relationships effectively at all levels
• Excellent oral and written skills including preparing and making presentations to secure six and seven figure gifts
• Ability to identify and generate ways of maximising income
• Well organised, an ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines and a god attention to detail
• Car driver with full clean driving licence
• A good knowledge of charitable trust and foundation fundraising techniques (desirable)
• Competitive basic salary £30,401 to £37,627 (depending on experience)
• Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
• 27 days holiday plus bank holidays – increases with service – you can also buy up to a max of 5 days
• Personal development contributions
• Annual staff awards
• Lots of employee wellbeing activities
• Blue light card discounts – including 20% at Nandos!