Have you ever considered teaching in a secure environment?
The pay rate is excellent: £22.20 an hour + £2.68 holiday pay directly on top = £24.88.
Temporary to permanent - Temporary role is to give you a chance to try it out and is treated as a probation for the permanent positions. If you only wish to carry out temporary or cover work then we're happy to work on this basis.
This role is based at a local prison in Lewes, giving young people and adults the best chance to turn their lives around. Our client is dedicated to providing a safe, decent and secure environment that focuses on education and personal development whilst empowering them to make positive changes to successfully return to the community and lead law-abiding lives.
Working with a small groups of learners, this job will really make your CV stand out - REED have placed more than a hundred candidates into prison settings and those candidates who can develop mutual respect with the learners find it extremely rewarding and almost always end up doing the role permanently. Many of our candidates are now in management positions within their prisons and there are senior managers/directors within the offender learning sector who started as temporary teachers also.
This is an excellent role if you are ever planning on relocating in the future as REED and the prison service can assist with transfers from one prison to another.
We want to hear from you if you are able to teach any of the following:
- Maths, English or ICT Functional Skills
- Personal Social Development (PHSE / PSD)
-Experience as a general cover supervisor able to cover many subjects
Interviews are on a first come first serve basis so please don't delay, apply today!
Benefits of working within a HMP/HMYOI
- Flexible hours/days
- Competitive hourly rates of pay
- Strong support network within the prison, including prison officers on patrol at all times
- Excellent teaching facilities and resources
- Job satisfaction knowing you a making a real difference to offender learning
- Full prison clearance, meaning you can work across other sites if wanted/required
- Smaller class sizes (approx. 8-12 learners max, depending on subject area)
- great experience to have on your CV