REED Procurement & Supply Chain division are delighted to be partnering with a Logistics business in Middlesbrough on the appointment of a Freight Forwarder to join their established team on a full-time and permanent basis.
Reporting into the Freight Forwarding Manager and working with other members of the Freight team, you will be investigating and planning the most appropriate route for shipments and negotiating rates.
There is a competitive salary on offer.
The position is working Monday to Friday 09:00-17:30 but there may be flexibility on working hours.
- Negotiating rates for transportation, shipping and handling costs
- Obtaining, checking and preparing documents to meet customs and insurance requirements
- Ensuring trade compliance
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers and both internal and external customers
- Provide customers with accurate updates and answer customer queries and complaints when required
- Acting as a broker in customs negotiations
- Arranging courier, air freight, air sea charters etc
- Investigating and planning most appropriate route for shipments
- Being aware of goods, costs, transit times and security
- Good working knowledge of the freight industry
- Experience within; shipping, imports, exports or customs
- Ability to work in a demanding environment with strict deadlines
- Strong customer focus and able to communicate effectively
- Motivated in approach