Our client, a London Borough Authority is seeking a Supervising Social Worker to join their Assessment Team
Pay rate is £28-30 per hour (umbrella).
The role will require/include the following:
• Keeping in frequent touch with the foster carers, their family and the children or young people in placement through regular statutory visits/supervision, telephone calls and via email.
• Arranging any additional support services needed by the foster carers or children placed with them to enable placement success/stability
• Supporting foster carers with attending meetings, writing reports, keeping records etc.
• Supporting foster carers in enabling them to manage contact between the child/children in their care and their birth parents/relatives/friends
• Identifying training needs of foster carers and supporting them in achieving their learning and development objectives. Facilitating foster carer support groups.
• Working alongside the child/children's social workers in supporting the foster carers in implement the Local Authority's care plan for the child/children placed.
• Undertaking foster carer annual reviews.
Are you considering a move? If not, could you pass this on to your friends and colleagues? – we are offering £250 for every successful recommendation!!
Requirements of the role:
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Flexible approach.
- Able to develop and maintain productive relationships both within and outside the service.
If this isn’t the job for you, please have a think about whether you can recommend a friend or colleague – we are offering **£250** PER successful recommendation.
Please also remember we offer a substantial CPD fund!! Our Social Workers utilise their funds for training courses, books or to fund their trips to conferences and other relevant events. This can often be £500++++ !!! (depending on hours/days worked)
Some facts about working for REED:
Here at REED we care and we’re professional – in an industry that doesn’t have the best reputation at times – I hope we stand out!
We are a family-run business and we just celebrated our 60th birthday!
We “Love Mondays” but we also technically work for free 1 day per week as 18% of our business is owned by the REED Foundation which supports good causes around the world.
Our company values are:
- We are fair, open and honest
- We take ownership
- We work together
We are also lucky to run many Local Authority contracts, we are a trusted partner for these clients and, as such, our conduct must be impeccable.
Would you consider joining us? I’m free to talk every week-day from 8am onwards and happy to take evening calls too if it’s easier. And if we’re very lucky, perhaps you might tell your friends too – don’t forget we offer £250 per successful referral.
CALL: 0151 242 6248