Are you looking for a unique opportunity where you can be part of an awarding winning business?
Reed Engineering are looking for a Service Engineer to provide a full Mechanical, Hydraulic, Pneumatic and where practical, a Low Voltage Electrical Engineering maintenance and repair service. The successful candidate will be working on the various makes and models of materials handling and associated equipment.
1. To provide a general mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and, where practicable, low voltage electrical engineering support service, servicing, maintaining, fault finding and repairing the various items of equipment owned by the company and by the companies customers and as directed by the service department.
2. Working in accordance with the respective workshop and technical manuals and associated instructions, responsibility for the quality, reliability and safety of your own work which must include the testing or verification of repairs on completion, ensuring the equipment is safe for others to use, and the identifying and timely reporting of any remaining issues.
3. The reporting of remaining issues, where applicable, to both service management and, where necessary the customer or users, thus helping to ensure accidents caused by defective equipment are prevented.
4. Working in accordance with the companies instructions with respect to health and safety assessing the local hazards when on a customer site and reporting your observation as noted on the back of the job sheet. You must advise service management of any remaining hazards where adequate corrective actions cannot be put in place.
5. Using personal and any other tool or equipment in a proper manner inspecting it for damage or modification before use and submitting personal items such as lifting equipment, electrical equipment etc for periodic inspection by the company. You must advise the company of any equipment or tool, personal or otherwise that you are unfamiliar with so that training can be provided.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 8-5 and there are multiple extra hours available to work as overtime at an increased hourly rate.
20 Days Holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
If you are interested to know more about this unique opportunity then please contact Rob Hazell on 01603 616190 to find out more