Forecasting Manager (FMCG, full-time, Gloucester, 9am-5pm) - competitive salary + 4k bonus
Reporting to the Demand Planning Manager, you will be the process owner for forecasting and IBP practices, as well as the subject matter expert for Demand Management.
Ideally, you will have a background in FMCG with experience of Demand Planning and Sales & Operational Planning (S&OP) processes. Demonstrating an analytical mind-set and system literate, you will display advanced Microsoft Excel spreadsheet skills. An energetic team player, you will possess a strong attention to detail and a logical approach ensuring monthly cycles are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Supervise Demand planning team in demand management activities.
• Lead Demand Planning Team whilst driving continuous improvement.
• Coach & develop Demand planning team through one to ones, mid-year reviews, appraisals and Personal development plans
Own/Manage the Demand Planning process as part of the overall Demand Planning cycle of
• Drive a consistent approach and continued adoption of the monthly IBP process across all Brand owner Business Unit teams
• Ensure that the monthly cycle of meetings and process is adhered to by all and take action where this is not the case.
• Deliver DRM for all Business units across key stakeholders through an Agenda driven process.
• Challenge appropriately Sales teams to improve month on month forecast accuracy and share relevant customer insight with Demand Planners to support purchasing decisions.
• Approve the volume related elements of promotional activity considering likelihood to achieve uplift volume, impacts on other SKUs and known current supply side constraints.
• Work with and challenge the sales team to ensure that all uplift activity is forecast as accurately as possible.
• Ensure information known by the sales team that would impact base forecasts (e.g.EDLP, distribution gains) is communicated to the demand planner for incorporation into the forecast.
• Working in conjunction with sales team ensure that risks & opportunities are managed at customer level and aggregated upwards to give a clear view of division wide R&O
Monitor and manage KPIs identifying mitigating actions for performance improvement.
• Develop and enhance current forecast accuracy reporting across all Business units identifying key drivers to significant under/ over forecasting and making recommendations to Senior stakeholders.
• Strive for Industry leading customer Service Levels of 98.5%. Work with colleagues to identify how any shortfalls from this target can be improved upon.
• Assist in developing annual budgets and cost-effectiveness initiatives.
• Continually develop IBP routine and ad-hoc demand related reports for management
Experience / Qualifications:
• Results driven individual who displays a can-do attitude and is able to prioritise workload effectively.
• Demonstrates initiative and takes ownership resolving any issues in a timely manner.
• Strong organisational skills and attention to detail with a high level of competency in Microsoft Excel and systems literate.
• Highly articulate with excellent written and oral communication skills and comfortable around Senior Management.
• Ideally an FMCG background in Demand Planning along with robust knowledge and high level of governance to ensure smooth running of S&OP cycles.