|Location: CHELMSFORD, ESSEX||Salary: 30000 - 35000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Property & Construction||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 2 months ago||Reference: 3115223|
Role Title: Flood Delivery Engineer – External Construction
Reporting to: Construction Delivery Team Leader
Location: Seax House, Chelmsford / Area Offices / Various Sites
Role Purpose: Delivery of ECC Flood schemes.
• This role is to deliver the construction element of the varied and interesting ECC Flood schemes initiative both on and off the highway.
• You will be mainly site based with some office work involving the preparation, administration and checking of contracts, risk assessments, method statements, report writing, stage reviews and updating of scheme process documents.
• In advance of any site work, you will be expected to work with our design team to offer advice on the feasibility and design of new schemes (ECI), identify new ways of working, be innovative, help to produce scheme briefs and assist with the identification of required resources, programmes and costs.
• It involves the management, supervision and maintaining of good working relationships with our supply chain partners and customers to deliver a high quality service at all stages of the project.
• You will monitor scheme progress throughout to ensure delivery of service to time and budget and to ensure the correct documentation is in place at all times.
• This includes the checking of all Traffic Management layouts providing expert advice on construction methods to minimise impact on the network in liaison with the NRSWA Team.
• The role involves site inspections and HSEQ audits to ensure compliance with specifications, regulations and Essex Highways / Ringway Jacobs’ standards and requirements.
• Occasionally you may provide timely and accurate advice to County Councillors, District Members, Parish Councils and the general public on scheme-related matters.
• You will be an enthusiastic member of the External Construction team which delivers a wider range of construction projects. The role will involve assisting other members of the team or may require work on different projects as required in the delivery of the External Construction service.
• The role may develop to include line manager responsibilities as work load increases.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• HNC, or equivalent high level qualification, or proven experience in civil engineering, highways and drainage schemes.
• Evidence of continuous professional development.
• Knowledge and working experience of NEC or other forms of contract.
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience of using national guidance, legislation and regulations relating to design and implementation of highway schemes. In particular, the Highway Act 1980, Chapter 8 and CDM 2015 is required.
• Construction Skills Certification Scheme Yellow ‘Regular Visitors’ card holder as a minimum.
• Knowledge of Highway Authority and Local Government policies, practices and procedures in relation to highways maintenance.
• Good IT skills of basic Windows packages.
• NRSWA accreditation Supervisor Certificate.
• Health and Safety SMSTS desirable.
• Experience and confidence of dealing with contractors, members of the public and Cabinet Members.
• Must be flexible with regard working location and patterns as the role involves sites all over Essex.
• Must be keen, enthusiastic, adaptable and willing to accept new challenges including involvement with other roles within External Construction and other RJ departments.
• Must be willing to take on line management or mentoring responsibilities as requested.
• Full driving licence.
45000 - 55000 GBP Per Annum
EARLEY, BERKSHIRERead more
35000.00 - 40000.00 GBP Per Annum
BRENTWOOD, ESSEXRead more
35000.00 - 50000.00 GBP Per Annum
READING, BERKSHIRERead more
50000 - 65000 GBP Per Annum
POTTERS BAR, HERTFORDSHIRERead more
35000.00 - 38000.00 GBP Per Annum
CHELMSFORD, ESSEXRead more