A fantastic opportunity for a Fleet and Transport Manager to join operations taking full leadership for the transport function.
Manage the transport operations (drivers and fleet) within the company financial and operational objectives ensuring legal compliance. Enhance the brand and ensure the delivery of excellent customer service. Act as a Leader within the site, driving the correct behaviours and as result delivering continuous improvement.
- Ensure that transport labour costs fall within budget.
- Monitor vehicle running costs and investigate when costs are above expected threshold.
- Ensure robust mechanisms are in place for effective management of driver payments.
- The making of arrangements to ensure that drivers comply with hours and tachograph rules.
- The maintenance of the vehicles, including the inspection of vehicles at the appropriate time and the action taken to remedy defects found.
- To ensure a system is in place for the reporting and recording of vehicle defects.
- To ensure compilation and the accuracy of all service and maintenance records kept.
- To ensure that vehicle/s are not overloaded.
- Prepare and manage driver rotas to ensure trained cover for absence and appropriate vehicles are available.
- Ensure all documentation is filled in line with statutory requirements.
- Ensure vehicle fuel and oiling arrangements are controlled in the agreed manner.
- Complete monthly Fleet KPI’s by agreed deadline and monitor performance.
- Facilitate the completion of quarterly fleet audits and ensure issues are addressed.
- Investigate customer services issues, provide prompt feedback and implement remedial actions.
- Ensure the department meets all H&S requirements and team members are aware of their responsibilities.
- Ensure the compliance of reverse delivery (Returns) of stock and totes (all types) back to the Service Centre.
- Take appropriate steps to maintain IIP accreditation, agreeing clear objectives for direct reports and monitoring performance through annual appraisals.
- Coaching and nurturing talent and motivating the team through effective leadership.
- Assume responsibility for site operation in Service Centre Managers absence.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- CPC holder essential.
- Experience of managing large teams including at various locations.
- Experience of managing managers as direct reports.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of managing a team in achievement of business goals
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office with the confidence to learn other systems
- Suits an individual who is organised, analytical, structural, independent, tenacious and comfortable in communicating with others
- Intermediate Numeracy and Literacy
- Direct Reports
- Fleet cost management
- Management of teams
Interested? Apply today with an up to date CV and we will be in touch!