Fleet & Operations Manager
Bexhill – East Sussex
£40,000 - £45,000
Are you experienced within commercial Fleet Management and looking for an exciting career opportunity where you can drive an existing workforce and support the improvement of the division?
If so, please read on…
Our public sector client is seeking a driven individual who has a background within Commercial Fleet Management, with a strong understanding of health & safety and business operations to join their Engineering Services team.
This role is central in managing the operational, technical, and contractual requirements of the fleet and operational equipment, along with supporting the Engineering team in providing an efficient engineering function.
- Ensure full compliance with statutory law and service policies/ procedures, relating to health and safety and fleet and operational equipment.
- To oversee the availability of the fleet and operational equipment to manage operational availability.
- Oversea replacement/additions to the fleet and operational equipment in line with the Service direction.
- Provide input into developing and managing the department capital and revenue budgets.
- Support in the procurement of new fleet
- Support colleagues both internally and externally, to ensure the smooth running of the engineering department so that the most efficient ways of working are achieved.
- Oversea annual testing & servicing of fleet and equipment
- Workforce Management
Qualifications & Knowledge:
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent in Maths and English.
- Formal apprenticeship or equivalent in a relevant engineering subject.
- Business Management Level 5 (Dip or above) or equivalent Certificate of Professional Competency (CPC).
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of relevant road transport law, health and safety law, procurement regulations and best practice.
- IOSH – Essential
- NEBOSH - Desirable
- Full driving licence with LGV Essential
- Previous experience of managing a busy fleet/equipment environment.
- Experience of providing quality assurance in all aspects of fleet and equipment management, including contracts, writing specifications, procuring, contract management and maintenance.
- Experience of the technical aspects of managing a mixed fleet of HGV, LGV, operational equipment and plant.
- Able to demonstrate negotiating, influencing and persuasive skills.
- Experience of managing and developing teams to achieve organisational goals.
- Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 - depending on experience / skills
- 15% allowance for 1in 3 on-call rota (from home)
- Excellent holiday allowance
- Excellent Pension
- Many other benefits
If you have the required experience and you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply right away.