My client is looking for a Project Officer to support the Operations Manager (FRA) and Technical Surveyor (FRA) in running their fire risk assessment programme covering approximately 7,000 properties.
- Supports the Operations Manager (FRA) by providing project management and general project co-ordination for all aspects of the FRA programme, ensuring that all properties with communal areas managed by the client are surveyed / inspected according to legislative and / or industry best practice requirements.
- Develop excellent working relationship with colleagues in operational teams, other internal teams as well as external contractors and agencies
- Have a strong understanding of data and the importance of data accuracy when managing a fire risk assessment programme
- Work with Property Services, Property Investment and Housing teams ensure programme delivery in line with the departmental programme and co-ordinate with all relevant teams
- Work with the Operational Compliance Team and other departments to ensure suitable procedures for gaining access to properties are adhered to
- Manage the Fire Risk Assessment team mailbox and answer queries accordingly
- Work with the Procurement team to ensure that procurement projects are planned sufficiently far in advance to ensure that effective services are procured and that value for money can be demonstrated
- To lead on Section 20 and Service Charge elements within procurement projects and liaise with other teams accordingly, including any resident liaison
- To lead on resident and MP enquiries and complaints relating to work the team are undertaking
- To work with the Operations Manager (FRA) and Technical Surveyor (FRA) to plan and develop workshops, training and other similar events, and ensure that all outcomes form such events are captured, recorded and circulated as needed
- Set up regular contract meetings with contractors and undertake minute taking
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of reports and presentations as necessary using the Microsoft Office package, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Assist with checking invoices and raising purchase orders for works completed
- Ensure understanding of the role and responsibilities of the Fire Safety Team as well as corporate, team and individual targets.
- Ensure all team members observe and work within the health and safety management system and all relevant good practice guides and legislation.
- Be available to assist with out of hours emergencies/major incidents and undertake some evening and weekend work, when required
- Be available to travel to any of the client's offices or locations as needed