|Location: BRADFORD, WEST YORKSHIRE||Salary: 33000.00 - 35000.00 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 10 months ago||Reference: 3071245|
Role: Fire Safety Engineer
The Fire Safety Engineer will be responsible for carrying out project fire strategies, egress strategies, fire risk assessments and the detailing of active/passive fire safety measures for a wide range of projects.
1) Carry out detailed surveys/audits, produce reports, fire safety drawings, fire safety/egress strategy reports, fire risk assessments, carry out contract administration duties, attend site meetings and produce site minutes for fire safety projects from inception to completion
2) Manage the competitive, efficient and effective delivery of fire safety services installations, guidance and strategies to clients through multi-disciplinary team or single project working.
3) Liaise with clients, stakeholders, building control and the relevant Fire Service to ensure they are satisfied with the fire safety/egress strategies and active/passive fire safety installations.
4) Contribute to the effective organisation and implementation of client programmes and projects.
5) Ensure that advice and consultancy is delivered to agreed cost, quality, client satisfaction and within programme.
6) Ensure customer requirements are identified, agreed and documented with clients prior to commencement.
7) Maintain and develop appropriate professional standards and practices including developments in design, legislation, Codes of practice, relevant regulations, industry regulations and guidance notes relating to all aspects of fire safety design, materials and installations.
8) Responsible for identifying new business opportunities.
9) Carry out duties appropriate to the grade of the post.
10) This role requires frequent travel to other offices and sites as required.
11) Promote continuous improvement and deliver demonstrable high quality products and services which embrace quality standards.
12) Fee earning at 90% and contribute to the achievement of business plan objectives and targets.
13) Demonstrate personal commitment to the Norse Way CSR strategy.
1) Professional membership of the Institute of Fire Engineers and be working or prepared to work towards Chartered status – Essential
2) Batchelor’s Degree or equivalent in fire safety or fire engineering related discipline or working towards or be prepared to work towards – Essential
3) HNC/HND or equivalent in a related discipline – Essential
4) Holds a current site card or is prepared to immediately attain – Essential
Skills and knowledge:
1) Experience in a similar or related role - Essential
2) Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD – Essential
3) Familiar with relevant Construction, Health and Safety Legislation and Risks and Hazards associated with Asbestos – Essential
30000 - 35000 GBP Per Annum
COOKSTOWN, COUNTY TYRONERead more
22000.00 - 30000.00 GBP Per Annum
MITCHELDEAN, GLOUCESTERSHIRERead more
36153.00 - 42806.00 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
SOUTHEND-ON-SEA, ESSEXRead more
35444 - 41967 GBP Per Annum
SOUTHEND-ON-SEA, ESSEXRead more
20000 - 26000 GBP Per Annum
WOOLPIT, SUFFOLKRead more