Reed Finance are currently supporting a public sector organization based in central Reading to recruit a permanent Financial Systems Manager role.
This role will support the implementation of a new ERP system whilst also being the bridge between finance and IT in identifying process and reporting improvements.
The Finance Systems Manager will initiate and drive continuous improvement in financial reporting and associated systems, processes and policies.
Additionally the finance systems manager will support users of finance systems providing specialist knowledge of business systems and processes.
- Act as first point of contact for IT for any system or data related issues relating to the finance ERP system.
- Work with finance colleagues to fine-tune the new finance system, taking advantage of the available processes and features.
- Work alongside the Finance Project implementation team to specify the system and reporting requirements to support the process improvement initiatives.
- Work with the Finance Projects team to integrate the historical accounting records into the finance BI reporting system.
- Continually monitor finance systems and functional processes with a view to best practice, leveraging available system functionality as and where appropriate.
- Liaise with other departments generally and supporting ad-hoc system requests as required.
- Manage month-end close to ensure all sub-ledger transactions are properly accounted for in the General Ledger.
- Manage end-user access to the finance systems and maintain user roles, rights and approval limits within the finance system.
- Manage and maintain chart of accounts and cost centre hierarchies.
- Undertake systematic checks of automated data loads and interfaces from source systems.
- Undertaking reporting development activities and query creation using the available reporting tools.
- Support the creation of impactful data analytics, and insight from data held in the ERP systems across the business, building automated data flows and help to manage a data architecture to create insightful visualisations.
To be considered for this role you will have substantial systems experience within a complex setting and knowledge of accounting processes etc.
Previous experience of working in a public sector setting would be an advantage but not compulsory.
Salary range is between £38k - £43k depending on previous sector experience. There is a generous selection of additional benefits.
If this role may be of interest then please apply asap.