Financial Reporting Assisting Manager
Our client is a leading global organisation who is seeking an Outsourcing Associate to join their team. Our client believes that they are best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day they provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this.
What you’ll be doing:
- To work as part of a team, to lead on assignments and provide a high level of support to the managers within the team to deliver accounting and financial reporting services to client expectations.
- Be actively involved in office marketing events when appropriate and act as an 'ambassador' of the firm. Develop own network by attending workshops and events.
- Contribute to department marketing initiatives, assist with the preparation of proposals and contribute to presentations to prospective clients
- Build good rapport with clients, with a clear understanding of client business, challenges and expectations.
- Take the lead, and oversee junior staff where necessary, to undertake the preparation of limited company statutory financial statements (including the preparation of supporting working paper files, cash flow statements, consolidations, disclosure checklists) to final stage under UK GAAP and IFRS.
- Being day to day contact for clients, including dealing with client queries and more complex technical issues. Can produce a well-supported piece of technical research and provide technical support to team to help with queries
- Dealing with queries from external auditors on the financial statements.
- Manage working capital on assignments you lead on by ensuring recoverability targets met, billing is completed by deadlines and debts are collected.
- Have an awareness of the firm's risk management procedure and adhere to this and mitigate risks by involvement of senior people and ensure appropriate advice is sought.
- Attend developmental workshops as identified in order to develop both technical and personal skills and keep records for compliance purposes.
- Contributes to creating and sustaining a dynamic working environment and contributes to team meetings.
- Actively seek opportunities to improve processes in the team, act on suggestions and work with the team to get these in place.
Who we're looking for:
You will need to be professionally qualified (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) and understand that excellent customer service is the key to client engagement.
- Ideally two years’ experience in an accounting environment.
- Experience with statutory accounting.
- Ability to work in a team and to tight deadlines and flexible in approach.
- Numerate with sound accounting and double entry skills.
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise:
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we’ve been making big changes – moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.
Please contact Aisling today on 01344 869 286. Many thanks.