REED Finance are exclusively recruiting for a London based international bank, who are looking to hire a Financial Reporting Accountant for a 6 Month Fixed Term Contract.
This bank is going through a period of change whereby they are introducing a new accounting system which means they are moving from excel manual reporting process, to implementing a new financial reporting system and process across the finance team.
We are looking for a self-starter who can hit the ground running and is naturally able to solve problems. You will need to have at least 3 years’ experience as a Qualified Accountant, as well as previous experience working in a bank or financial services organisation to be a relevant candidate for this role.
- Review accounting and control reports and investigations
- Preparation of daily regulatory reports (FINREP)
- Maintain chart of accounts and the general ledger
- Review and authorisation of manual accounting entries
- Review and authorise purchase orders and invoice payments
- Reconciling and reviewing fees
- Reconciliation and review of suspense accounts
- Ownership of month end closing, including accounting for provisions, accruals, prepayments and fixed assets
- Preparation of month end trial balance
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, as well as management committee reporting
- Prepare monthly ALCO reporting
- Prepare monthly and quarterly group reporting
- Prepare FINREP quarterly
- Prepare VAT returns quarterly
- Liaising with auditors
- Ownership of annual financial statements
- Review and improve the current process to increase output, quality of data and management information
You must be a fully Qualified Accountant (ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA), as well as being immediately available to be suitable for this position.
Strong knowledge of IFRS is also key, as well as a good technical accounting knowledge, and excellent use of MS Excel.
If you feel you are suitable for this position and wish to apply please contact Vivian Smith on 0207 929 9649 or email Vivian.email@example.com