A vital position as a Financial Management Information Officer has now become available at Bolton Council, a leading Local Authority within Greater Manchester.
What is the role?
Bolton Council are currently looking for an experienced finance professional to join their Corporate Resources and Environmental Services team. Your primary responsibility in this role will be to assist in the preparation and management of the department’s budget.
How will I do this?
- Working with budget managers to ensure that services are cost effective and provide value for money (e.g. project appraisals and unit costing).
- Having a proactive role in monitoring all ledger items and provide accurate and timely information, interpretation, analysis, advice and guidance to the relevant officers within the Directorates.
- Development of budgets, forecasts, financial modelling and year end accounts, in accordance with agreed timescales, standards and code of practice.
What’s skills do I need?
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to provide specialist advice directly to a variety of stakeholders.
- A strong background in effective budget monitoring and ability to provide accurate information on capital monitors, grants and balance sheet.
- Exposure to Local Authority Finance Management and ideally full or part qualified CCAB or equivalent.
Get me signed up!
This position is available immediately. To ensure you are considered, and to receive a full job description, please apply below as soon as possible.