Our mission is simple… to help the world Love Mondays.
Every week, thousands of people across the UK start a new job – and it’s our job to help them get there.
REED is a specialist provider of permanent, contract, temporary and outsourced recruitment solutions
We require a Financial Management Information Officer to cover an existing workload within Bolton Metropolitan Borough Council, based in Bolton.
This is an interim position initially for 3-6 months with the potential to be extended, dependent on workload.
- Contribute to the accurate preparation and maintenance of the Department’s budget.
- To work with Budget managers on a one to one basis to ensure that projects are cost effective and provide value for money (Project Appraisal).
- To develop, maintain and provide, in conjunction with Senior Managers in the service area, a range of financial information for budget holders including unit costs and budget monitoring information.
- To identify key risk areas and work with service managers to mitigate the risk.
- To provide advice to, and liaise with, a range of budget holders across the Department to ensure that the best use is made of the Department’s financial resources.
- To assist in the arrangement and administration of a programme of financial training for all staff within the Department.
- To provide financial support regarding departmental initiatives
- To provide training in a lead role to ensure all staff are adequately trained
- To assist in the preparation of the monthly monitoring information relating to the budget changes agreed through the Corporate Business Planning Process.
- To liaise and consult with a variety of budgets holders in order to agree budget allocations and monitoring information in relation to those allocations.
- To create and maintain effective communication with the Budget Holders through consultation, liaison and close working with other relevant staff from the Department and with individuals from other Departments or Agencies.
Skills required to be successful in the post:
- Experience of working in a relevant financial setting for a period of 3 years.
- The ability to produce, evaluate and interpret financial management information on a regular basis for the benefit of Service Managers.
- Must be either AAT or Part Qualified (CCAB)
- A high degree of knowledge and experience of creating and maintaining spreadsheets in order to analyse complex financial information.
- Coach and mentor others. Be willing to share learning and encourage others to do the same. Apply a range of development activities to develop and train staff.
- Takes responsibility for own development and lead by example.
This role offers a competitive salary of from £14.63 up to £18.49 per hour and you’ll be working via REED who offer great benefits such as discounts, cashback offers and more as well as weekly pay.
Any offers would be subject to right to work checks.
Please apply now or email email@example.com and join us in loving Mondays!