A private equity backed hospitality business based in Central London is looking hire an Interim Financial Controller. You will be responsible for the overall control of all financial aspects of the business and will be the number one Finance person reporting into the MD/CEO. You will drive company strategy and ultimately be responsible for the flow of financial information throughout the company. You will need to interact and communicate directly with the operations team, executive team, founders, the board and, where necessary, external parties such as investors or financial institutions. The role will suit someone with good working knowledge of the hospitality industry, great initiative and excellent analytical skills.
Key roles & responsibilities include:
• Overall control of the company’s accounting function and all financial transactions and accountancy matters including annual Statutory Accounts preparation and Audit ensuring the accounting policies comply with the relevant accounting standards.
• Key responsibility for cash management for both working capital purposes and with regards to accurate and dynamic forecasting to facilitate company growth & Debt Servicing
• Ownership of Payroll process (fortnightly & monthly) including management of 3rd party payroll bureau
• Prepare month end financial reporting for the company including variance analysis and value-added analytical review
• Monthly balance sheet control and reconciliations with ongoing reviews of all internal accounting controls
• Responsible for all budgeting and other financial planning and ongoing related advice for the senior management.
• Formulating financial targets and budgets in accordance with the strategy determined by the board.
• Establish new financial systems or processes needed and implement into the business.
• Managing an appropriate finance and adviser structure to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, timely filing of returns, tax planning in respect of all business taxes.
• Preparation of data submissions for UK Value Added and Corporation tax computations and liaison with HMRC on regulatory matters as necessary
• Champion of implementation of and adherence to policy and procedure with the group.
• Manage and develop 4 existing members of the finance team and build the team as needed to enable growth
• Communicate with and influence the entire business to hit financial goals
Applicants will need to be Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent and ideally have experience in a fast-paced, multi-channel Consumer facing Company. In addition senior management experience and ability to communicate successfully across all levels within the business is essential. Excellent understanding and experience at managing working cashflow on daily / weekly basis and cashflow projections, along with experience of budgeting and forecasting for multi site businesses. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced FC to step up into a number one finance position.