REED FINANCE are delighted to be working exclusively with a fast evolving, innovative and future focused organisation based near Didcot to recruit a permanent Financial Controller.
Our client are a government organisation operating within the scientific sector who require a Financial Controller to work closely with the COO, take responsibility for finance and grow a team.
This role will initially be a fully hands on FC role but by the end of this year will have a small supporting team, however transaction volumes are low and the focus is more on financial management reporting and business planning.
Alongside this you will be prepared to ask probing questions of the organisation, introduce new processes with an eye to the future and to allow the organisation to scale up quickly
- Support the COO in preparing business plans, including the preparation of budgets and financial plans
- Support the COO in preparing monthly Board reports
- Support grant submissions and external collaborations through the preparation of timely and accurate budgets. Manage financial reporting of specific grant awards
- Report to the COO, Director and Board (including committees) with timely and accurate financial information
- Support the review and maintenance of the risk register
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Preparation of monthly management reports and financial KPIs to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Manage cash flow by tracking and forecasting transactions
- Process payroll in a timely manner and submit PAYE / NIC submissions to HMRC
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report (including reporting to the Charities Commission)
- Comply with all UK reporting requirements and tax filings
- Maintenance of fixed asset register
- Ensure all transactions are recorded accurately, accounts payable and receivable and bank recs
This organisation has an exciting and innovative approach and will be scaling up significantly over the next few years with big plans in the next 12 months alone.
Whilst this is a government organisation there is rapid growth here and phase 2 of their evolution will be commercialisation and dealing with industry.
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified accountant, have strong excel/financial modelling skills, be an effective business partner and will have worked in a start up or fast growth environment.
The salary on offer is circa £70k plus extensive benefits including an amazing pension scheme, holidays, flexible benefits and onsite parking.