Working for this Bath based advertising agency, you will form an integral part of the organisation while working closely with the directors helping them to make key decisions.
Due to retirement, they are looking for a new financial controller to take the reigns on a full time permanent basis although they will consider applicants with a desire to work a minimum of 30 hours (pro rata)
You'll be hands on, highly accurate, comfortable spinning many plates at once and thrive in a busy environment.
You will be in a stand alone position so ideally you would have worked in a similar position and for an SME previously.
The office is small and open plan so having the right attitude, a sense of humour and the ability to get on with others are paramount.
Reporting to the directors your responsibilities include:
- Day to day management of the accounts
- Providing monthly management accounts
- Insuring all sales invoices are correct and sent to clients
- Bank reconciliations
- Send statements to suppliers
- Credit control
- Reconciling supplier statements and paying suppliers
- VAT digitally recorded and sent via software to HMRC quarterly
- Working with external accountants to ensure they have all the accurate information
- Providing weekly updates on cashflow, outstanding debts and payments
- Assisting with HR - Dealing with staff contracts, holiday, sickness and lateness records
- Manage staff timesheets with monthly update of client gross profit vs time ratio
- Sales and gross profit comparison year on year
- Processing monthly payroll and pension submissions
- Ongoing contract renewals such as insurances, utilities and subscriptions
The ideal candidate
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly organised
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Qualified by experience, part qualified ACCA/CIMA or AAT level 4 qualified
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft packages, in particular, Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A positive attitude with a sense of humour
- Ability to bake nice cakes for the team is desirable
They are offering a competitive package as well as an annual bonus based on company performance. If this sounds like the ideal role you have been waiting for APPLY NOW and I’ll be in touch over the Christmas period.
They would want someone to start in January so a short notice period would be highly desirable as well.