|Location: BRENTFORD, MIDDLESEX||Salary: 40000 - 45000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Finance||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 3 months ago||Reference: 3047866|
Main duties and responsibilities include:
• Oversee the production of monthly financial information and quarterly financial accounts and detailed analysis on a service level and consolidated basis. Reporting timelines are of crucial importance.
• Business partner with other departments and services to promote financial awareness and good decision making based on shared understanding of financial goals.
• Ensure compliance with HMRC, Charity Commission and other applicable regulatory bodies.
• Prepare detailed management reports on a quarterly basis, giving insight into the financial performance of individual units and services as a whole. This will include detailed variance analysis compared to budget.
• Ensure effective and efficient processes are in place to make timely and accurate salary payments to all employees, HMRC, Pensions providers and other collection agencies. This relates to payroll for the entire organisation, including Generalate office.
• Maintain clear workflows for payroll data to and from HR department (HR database) and external payroll services provider.
• Review all payroll data collection processes and implement changes where required in order to have standard and consistent practices across the organisation.
• Ensure the financial software in use is up to date and appropriate for the needs of the organisation. Consider other options in the market that may be more suitable and make adequate recommendations to the Director of Finance.
• Ensure that each member of the team is adequately equipped with the right skills and experience to do his/her job well. Mentor direct reports whose performance or reporting is not up to standard and support your direct reports when they are dealing with similar issues with their team members. Suggest additional and ongoing training where required.
• Ensure that the Charity’s funds are secure and used for the benefit of the organisation and in accordance with internal policies and external regulators.
• Prepare and submit detailed budget commentary to the Trustees for their review and final approval.
The successful candidate should have the following background and characteristics:
• ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified with at least 3 years’ experience at senior level.
• Substantial financial management and reporting, experience, including budgeting.
• Managing and nurturing inter-department relations with senior managers sharing common strategic goals.
Strong up to date technical skills in financial standards, employment law and other relevant governing bodies.
• Experience in managing, mentoring and developing teams based in remote locations.
• Development of effective systems and procedures to streamline operations.
• Experience in dealing with auditors, bankers and advisors.
• Detailed knowledge of Payroll.
• Working knowledge of Sage Line 50 accounting software.
• Business partnering skills to work with non-finance departments and senior managers.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
80000 - 90000 GBP Per Annum
CENTRAL LONDON, LONDONRead more
60000 - 70000 GBP Per Annum
BASINGSTOKE, HAMPSHIRERead more
52000.00 - 56000.00 GBP Per Annum
ROYSTON, HERTFORDSHIRERead more
40000 - 60000 GBP Per Annum
BIRTLEY, COUNTY DURHAMRead more
30000.00 - 40000.00 GBP Per Annum
NEWTON AYCLIFFE, COUNTY DURHAMRead more