My client is a well known multi national FMCG company and is looking to appoint a Financial controller for a newly created role.
- Responsibility of financial accounting, reporting and cash management in your country. Continue to build and support local business growth. Maintain strong internal controls by having a full understanding of end-to end process of set of local books, and ensure adherence to accounting and financial policies.
- Sets the strategy, focus and priorities for your market in close conjunction with the local GM and regional CFO. Develop long term business and operating plan and driving local strategic business plans to ensure delivering of medium to long term profit forecasts, budgeting, and financial reporting.
- Consolidation and performance management advises on the strategic financial decisions for your local market and in market trade-offs among cost & service. Consolidation of the results.
- Local operations: responsible for the contact with the service providers for statutory accounting and tax. Furthermore, handle and provide advice on labour, customs, accounting and tax matters.
Finance agenda & people development:
- Design of local market organisations and implementation on the ground. He/she ensures that the finance teams are motivated, energized and upskilled to be a highly effective finance team.
- Purposeful thinking will be the core anchor of the business, its brands as well as its culture, and enables simple and agile decision making, supports an entrepreneurial mindset and is driven by passion for our consumers.
- Brings powerful analysis to issues and has a eye for detail and uses an intelligent mix of logic and intuition in decision making and judgment. Rapidly absorbs new information, knowledge and applies new techniques, technology, and procedures.
- A university degree in any discipline
- Experience in FMCG industry
- Strong understanding of local customer landscape, shopper market insights
- Analytical skills and deep understanding of relevant Research tools
- Strategy development
- High level of problem-solving ability
- Change management and strong project management skills
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Building and managing Teams, ideally cross-country & virtual teams
- Fluent in English language.
- Additional work experience in Start-Up’s/Intrapreneurship is a plus
- Highly adaptable and entrepreneurial
- Driven by Innovation and strong change affinity
- Embrace a high growth mindset with strong love for consumers, shoppers and customers
- Have strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills with diverse, multi-functional stakeholders
- End to end management, ability to understand the big picture but also comfortable with details and managing the operations
Please be aware the ideal candidate will have no more than a notice period of 2 months.