Title: Financial Controller
A well known International Manufacturing business based in Horsham is seeking a Financial Controller to head up the finance department and report to the board of Directors. The candidate will need to be ACA/ACCA qualified with experience in international trade and tax legislation. The right candidate would have career progression to Finance Director within 2 years. The candidate should have strong accounting and analytical skills and a solid background in operational and commercial duties.
• To oversee the operations of the finance department and manage a team of 3.
• Responsible for all aspects of accounting (accounts payable, accounts receivable, journal entries and all month and year-end reconciliations).
• Preparation of monthly management accounts, monthly sales reports and other reports and assistance where required. Preparation of annual budget, cash flow and annual accounts for submission to the auditors. Supervising and assisting with the annual audit.
• Reporting to the Board of Directors on the company’s performance and assisting them with planning, strategy, development of new markets and opportunities and assisting other company management with operational matters.
• Assisting as required with the purchasing of raw materials and finished goods, forecasting pipeline orders and aiding buyers with queries and issues as they arise.
• Working with tax agents to prepare monthly and quarterly VAT returns for the UK and all EU VAT registered territories as well as quarterly and annual US state tax returns. Calculating the company’s corporation tax position as well as preparing R&D and patent box claims.
• Running Human Resources, including maintaining the company payroll, contracts of employment and dealing with all HR matters as required and as they arise.
• Other sundry duties including dealing with the property leases, company cars, company insurances, government agencies and returns and other matters as required.
• Lasing with and assisting other departments on pricing, stock and sundry matters.
• Creating and maintaining accuracy of internal stock codes, Bill of Material and Nominal Ledger accounts.
• Working with the IT department to continue to automate and simplify data processing import and reconciliation in the accounts software.
• Preparing weekly cashflow and supplier payments schedules for purchase ledger and forward cash planning and management.
• Review of accounts receivable and credit control, opening customer credit accounts and reviewing credit terms.
- Must be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Manufacturing / FMCG / Retail experience is highly desirable
- Must be able to work full time within the office
- 5% company workplace pensions contribution, life assurance and private medical.