As part of the commercial finance team, you will be instrumental in supporting one of the UK’s leading resource management businesses, helping to drive improved financial performance that supports a greener, more sustainable approach to waste management.
You will be hands-on, assisting stakeholders across the organisation, helping them to make better decisions through sound financial analysis and guidance on where improvements can be made.
With the UK moving towards a more sustainable circular economy, you will be part of a business that is committed to supporting ongoing, low carbon energy creation.
Working with a team of Finance Business Partners, your responsibilities will include:
- Provide accurate, high-quality financial analysis to drive business performance.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively delivering high levels of customer service to tight deadlines.
- Ensure compliance with the financial and operational procedures of the Group.
- Supporting the development and embedding of a positive safety culture at all levels across the Company and the relevant business area.
- To provide accurate, high-quality financial analysis to be able to provide insightful information and recommendations to aid operational efficiency, cost control and to identify areas of potential revenue growth.
- To prepare and analyse investment appraisals.
- Preparation of detailed operational analysis and variance interrogation and recommendations to improve operational and financial performance.
- Prepare accurate, timely monthly financial reports with reliable conclusions that management can use to drive operational and financial performance to drive profitability.
- Prepare accurate budget and forecast models by understanding business drivers for revenue, OPEX and CAPEX to be able to improve budget/forecast accuracy.
- Prepare monthly Site Profit and Loss accounts ensuring all postings for accruals, prepayments accurately posted and reconciled and prepare analysis and commentary on monthly results to explain performance.
- Prepare and analyse financial and operational KPI’s.
- AAT qualified / part qualified CIMA or ACCA or accounting degree with exemptions
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft packages Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word
- Experience of working with large data sets and be able to pull out and present clear analysis which informs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- To be able to prepare clear/insightful financial analysis which will drive operational and financial performance.
- Experience of using financial analysis to identify and recommend areas for operational and financial improvements
- Ability to challenge and influence
- Presentation skills
- Vision, identifying opportunities to improve
If you are ready to work for a world-class organisation making a real difference nationally and locally, in your own community then apply, and I will be in touch.
The role will be home-based, with first and second stage interviews being conducted remotely. All technology needed to do the job will be provided.