Pay 18-20 Paye per hour or £22.50 -25 Umbrella Company rate.
A Financial Accountant is required to support the Lead Accountant of a major public sector organisation in London for a 1 year Maternity cover role.
You will be supporting the Lead Accountant overseeing financial accounting and financial governance across the organisation, preparing the Statutory Accounts and providing technical advice and assurance to Chief Financial Officers of both divisions of the organisation.
You will work as part of a team in Corporate Finance to ensure co-ordination of issues impacting across all areas and with the Lead Accountant.
The ideal candidate will be immediately available or have a short notice period. You will have 2-3 years’ experience in a Financial Accountancy role within the public sector. You will be an experienced Oracle user with advanced Excel skills. You will have prepared statutory accounts and financial statements. You will have experience with forcasting, budgeting and UAT (User Acceptance Testing). You will have strong communication skills both written and verbal. You will be a team player, with strong project management skills. As a Financial Accountant you will be accustomed to working to deadlines.
• Assist with month end and preparation of statutory / financial accounts process including agreeing year end timetable and instructions and monitoring compliance across the organisation.
• Overseeing the integrity of the General Ledger and Chart of Accounts.
• Quality assurance/testing the accuracy and completeness of financial accounting across the organisation to assess overall compliance with accounting standards.
• Mapping, evaluation of internal controls to identify over/under assurance across financial systems and potential for VFM.
• Evaluation of compliance against internal controls.
• Assist in preparation statutory accounts and associated returns and Whole of Government Accounts and supporting workings in compliance with the CIPFA Accounting Codes of Practice, and International Financial Reporting Standards.
• Oversight and quality assurance of non-current asset accounting.
• Accounting for capital funding.
• Quality assurance of payroll service provider reconciliations.
• Ensure the asset register reflects the latest annual revaluation including the review of historical depreciation.
• Have UAT exposure.
• Provide training, support, advice on technical accounting matters as appropriate;
• Assist in liaison with external auditors.
• Resolving queries raised internally and externally to Corporate Finance and undertaking associated analysis.
• Environmental Scanning - technical accounting issues.
• Project management.
• Systems Development.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Accountant looking to join a corporate finance team for a leading public sector organisation based in Central London in a long term role.