Our client who operate within the renewable energy sector are looking to hire a newly qualified Financial Accountant to join their Finance Asset Management team as their client portfolio is growing.
This role will be responsible for forecasting, budgeting and reporting for the clients and working closely with commercial and technical asset management teams as well as dealing directly with the clients.
For this role you will need to be a newly qualified Accountant with experience in a client facing environment and have some experience in renewable energy or a very keen interest in the area.
- Preparation of monthly management reporting packs for a portfolio of companies.
- Assist with the onboarding and management of third-party clients.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to clients, and provide information and explanations as required.
- Preparation of quarterly reporting for Head Office companies.
- Financial forecasting and budgeting.
- Work closely with Asset Management team to ensure forecasts and budgets are updated and correct.
- Preparing commentary on variances (budget vs. actual vs forecast).
- Preparation of sales invoices and debtor management.
- Maintenance of cash flow forecast models.
- Apply technical accounting and regulatory knowledge to the preparation of management accounts and annual financial statements.
- Preparation of statutory financial statements and liaising with auditors.
- VAT reporting.
- Assist with updating, improving and implementing procedures for the finance team.
- Liaising with providers of debt finance when necessary.
- Other support to the finance department as required.
Experience, Qualifications & Skills
- A graduate with first class academics and qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA with 1-2 years PQE
- Excellent excel skills.
- Experience of management accounting and reporting within a demanding, high growth business.
- Experience of managing a portfolio of companies and responding to customer queries or requests
- Exposure within the renewable energy sector would be beneficial but not essential.
- A confident communicator who can present complex financial information clearly and concisely.
- A positive attitude and collaborative working style, able to give and receive constructive coaching.
- A strong multi-tasker, adept at managing accounts for a large number of companies and delivering to deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills, with a committed focus on accuracy and details.
- A growth mindset, keen to learn and take on new challenges.