My client is a private business based in Central London. The business manages the finances and accounts for an international business owner, and they are currently looking to bring in a Financial Accountant.
The is a full-time, permanent position, working hours are Monday-Friday 9am-6pm
Working in a small finance team you will be reporting into a Qualified Financial Controller.
The key responsibilities
- Prepare and maintain the complete accounting books and records of multiple companies
- Manage month/Year end and prepare monthly management accounts with variance analysis for multiple companies
- Collation of reports and information requested by clients
- Liaise with auditors, accountants, tax and other advisors for statutory filing requirements and other purposes
- Assist in the preparation of the year end budgets
- Prepare and submit VAT returns
- Reconcile intercompany and agency transactions
- Compiling, reviewing, and submitting payroll information prepared by our payroll agents
- Prepare ad hoc reports and schedules where requested
- Supervise the Accounts assistant and review their work (as directed)
- Any other duties that may from time to time be required by the Management of the Company.
- Previous experience of working within a small finance team with experience of financial/management reporting
- Previous use of SAGE 50 software package
- Working knowledge/understanding of FRS 102
- Keen attention to detail with the ability to maintain accuracy and focus in a busy environment and to keep calm under pressure
- A confident, proactive individual prepared to take a hands-on approach to managing their workload using their own initiative
- Ability to work well in a team but comfortable working on own initiative
- Personal discretion and the ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Availability to work out of hours from time to time, occasionally at short notice, and the ability to multitask, work to deadlines and remain flexible
- Ideally you will be able to show experience of working in a multi company environment, with exposure to working abroad or with a diverse, international team
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a professional and supportive team for an exciting and interesting business.