A global media/creative firm is looking to hire a Financial Accountant to join their team. This is an exciting, newly created role that has come about due to the continued success of the business. The company offers a relaxed and collaborative work environment and this role is an ideal opportunity for a Newly Qualified Accountant.
This position works within the Finance team and will contribute towards ensuring the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all related transactions, balances, and reporting. The Financial Accountant will provide direct support to the European Financial Manager, on financial and management reporting, all tax matters, and ad-hoc projects. The specialist, technical and managerial substance of the job includes financial and management accounting, strategy, governance, and leadership.
• Contribute to the monthly close process for European business units. This will include the preparation of periodic (monthly, quarterly, annual) financial reports, preparation of journals and analytical review
• Responsibility for the price protection provision and management of rebate claims
• Maintain customer debtor ledgers, ensure timely collections of monies owed, and ensure that the business is not exposed to a risk of bad debt
• Prepare and file all VAT and other indirect tax returns and document such for all entities
• Be point of contact for the annual statutory audit
• Contribute to the preparation of the annual statutory accounts for European business
• Liaise with the Legal team on the financial aspects of new terms of agreements and/or contracts
• Lead, manage and develop two direct reports
• Continuous review of financial, control and management information systems and procedures, implementing improvements across the business
Applicants will need to be a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA), new to 1 PQE preferably from a practice environment and have a strong background in accounting, preferably in UK GAAP and IFRS. Excellent Microsoft skills including advanced spreadsheet skillset (SUMIFS, Pivot, VLOOKUPS) are essential combined with knowledge
ERP Systems (Oracle, SAP, etc).
The company offers a competitive remuneration package and opportunity for career advancement in a European Head office setting.