Reed Finance are delighted to be working with a highly reputable registered charity organisation in search of a Qualified Accountant to join their finance team. This role will report directly into the Head of Finance and will see you take management responsibility & will see the successful candidate act as a principal advisor to the organisation on all technical accounting and tax matters.
As a Financial Accountant you will provide a financial accounting service making sure the organisation adds value for money and help develop & implement their strategic vision.
This is a permanent assignment ideally suited to candidates who are 2/3 years PQE. Whilst this role is within the public sector experience in this environment isn’t essential, candidates making their first move from Practice will also be considered.
My client will look to conduct interviews via Skype and have confirmed that they will start the successful applicant remotely.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivering the annual report and financial statements
- Liaising with external auditors
- Completing VAT returns whilst also making decisions and identifying opportunities to reduce tax burdens
- Developing the organisations cash flow forecasting
- Providing advise around accounting policies around fixed assets in line with statutory and public financial management
- Building relationships with other areas of the business
- Acting as a strong line manage to direct reports, overseeing & supervising their development
- Qualified Accountant 2+ years PQE
- Strong accounting practical experience in preparing annual accounts for a large organisation
- Strong VAT and corporation tax knowledge
- Advanced excel skills are essential – experience using Oracle is a desirable
- Excellent written and verbal skills
If you would like a confidential conversation about this role or further information about my client then please apply via this advertisement or contact Roddy Mackenzie - email@example.com