Reed Finance are supporting a highly respected charity based in Slough to recruit a permanent financial accountant.
This role offers the opportunity to be working right at the heart of this organisation and work closely with the Finance and Commercial Director.
You will be joining a friendly finance team and an organisation that has a culture of development and support.
You will be someone who has a talent for financial accounting and enjoys improving and developing processes and reporting etc.
Purpose:To produce timely, accurate and reliable financial accounts for the charity and group companies that comply with the requirements of the Charity SORP and the Companies Act 2006. The FA is also responsible for the adequacy and recording of internal financial procedures and controls, VAT returns and cash management.
- Preparing the Financial Accounts for the charity and for the subsidiary companies, liaising with the external auditors for the agreement and the production of the statutory accounts.
- Liaising with external professional advisors, including tax advisors
- Responsibility, with the Systems Accountant, for establishing and supervising internal financial controls. The knowledge and problem-solving ability to design updates and improvements
- Maintenance of the Finance Manual, ensuring that it is a comprehensive and up to date record of the Group’s accounting processes and procedures
- Accounting for VAT: compiling the quarterly returns for the Group, including calculating the partial exemption recovery for the parent company.
- Treasury duties, to include monitoring cash flow needs and placing available funds in accordance with the established procedures and risk guidelines. Maintenance of bank relationships.
- Preparing investment summaries, reports and appraisals for the quarterly Investment Committee meetings
- Supervising the work and progress of the Finance Officer.
- Working with the Commercial Director and other members of the Finance team to identify improvements in reporting and other potential efficiencies across the Group in order to maximise the investment that the group can make in its charitable objective
To be considered for this role you will be someone enjoys working in financial accounting, is confident with balance sheet controls and has good knowledge of VAT. Previous experience of SORP would be useful but not essential.
This role offers a salary of up to £48k plus an exceptional range of benefits including onsite parking.
If this role is of interest then please apply now!