Reed Finance are supporting a successful and well known Reading business to recruit a permanent financial accountant reporting into the Financial Controller.
The role will prepare month end accounts and also support submissions to group as well as supporting the Financial Controller budgeting and reforecasting.
You will own the balance sheet controls and reconciliations and generally review existing controls and processes.
Duties include -
- Take lead on balance sheet reconciliations – Produce a monthly Balance sheet pack including own reconciliations and reconciliations produced by other finance staff. Maintaining control and investigating any queries and old balances to ensure a clean balance sheet.
- Preparation of monthly UK VAT return, bi-monthly Irish VAT return, monthly Intrastat and EC Sales submissions and validating bi-monthly duty submissions. Forecasting cashflow impact of excise duty, customs duty and VAT.
- Support Financial Controller in identifying and rectifying areas of weak control, implementing solutions as appropriate
- Work with the Financial Controller on the interim and year-end audit and preparation of the statutory accounts.
- Month end transactional accounting review – Reviewing transactions, posting accruals and prepayments to feed into the month end reporting process.
- Production of P&L summaries for each division and preparation of monthly divisional management reporting packs Co-ordinate group budget submission.
- Rolling P&L forecasts
This company has a great reputation for a strong culture and also able to offer progression opportunities over time both in the UK and abroad.
To be consider for this role you will have started your career in practice and will have experience of VAT and Intrastat etc.
As well as salary there is a company bonus opportunity, good holiday and onsite free parking.
Does this sound like you? If so apply now!