My client is looking for an immediate Financial Accountant for a rate of £140 - £160 per day. Please see below the role:
1. Assist in the preparation and production of the monthly draft Management Accounts and roll month end / year end periods forward following the reconciliations.
2. Provide assistance for the preparation and co-ordination of the annual budget financial forecasts.
3. Review, monitor and report on Capital Accounting, to include the maintenance of fixed asset register and the calculation and forecasting of depreciation and the release of deferred capital grants.
4. Review general ledgers including balance sheet reconciliations and technical review of postings. Sign off journals from finance officers including coding and period / year for accuracy.
5. Ensure the timely posting of journals and preparation of bank reconciliations and other control accounts (e.g. payroll, cash controls, suspense, prepayments and accruals etc.).
6. Maintenance of the Finance system software, ensuring updates are applied. Control and monitor users and address queries raised, working closely with IT and the system provider.
7. Establish effective working relationships with budget holders and advise and assist them to resolve queries or operational difficulties.
8. Responsible for assisting in the preparation of the draft annual statutory Accounts
9. Prepare and submit the quarter VAT returns and assist with VAT related matters
10. Assist the Head of finance with internal and external audits.
11. Assist in updating Financial Regulations and procedures
12. Such other duties as may be reasonably required of the post holder, commensurate with the grade of the post.
If you are immediate and are actively looking for work then please apply, otherwise you can call Reed Slough office if you have any questions.
I look forward to hearing from you.