Financial Accountant - West Cambridge - £40,000-£50,000 per annum
A leading Engineering company, based to the West of Cambridge have a requirement for a dynamic Accountant to join their growing finance team on a permanent basis,
Reporting to the Head of Finance, this role will include the following:
- Deliver monthly accounts accurately and on time, including explanation of significant variance costs to budget.
- Process VAT & PAYE returns in line with HMRC deadlines
- Cover CIS returns
- Complete monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations for all companies including all supporting schedules/reports
- Deal with data requests/surveys from the Office of National Statistics
- Review, document and improvement of processes and procedures
- Key point of contact for annual audit work
This client is looking for a driven and enthusiastic candidate who can bring these qualities to the role and have a positive impact on the wider team.
Candidates should be ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified, and with ideally some management experience (not essential). It is essential that candidates have a very strong grasp of financial accounting processes, as well as VAT and PAYE knowledge, and significant previous involvement with audit.
It is also essential that candidates have a very strong level of Excel knowledge (to at least Pivot Table and LOOKUP level), as well as meticulous attention to detail and strong numerical and data analysis skills.
Please note that this location is not accessible by public transport.
Please apply now for more information.