REED Finance is recruiting a Financial Accountant on behalf of multinational organisation in South Birmingham.
The successful candidate will take a role in supporting and developing the finance operating model, finance business processes, ERP platform and finance operations centre in providing core accounting and finance processing services.
To carry out the day to day activities necessary to maintain a highly efficient, flexible and responsive financial reporting service to the business ensuring that service targets are met.
- Provide a core Financial Reporting service of accurate and efficient transaction processing and ledger maintenance to agreed standards.
- Produce, Maintain and Submit all required documentation in compliance with legal requirements.
- Ensure and review adequate financial controls are in place and are adhered to.
- Ensure timely production and delivery of business reporting suite and other documents for use by BU managers.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers, both internal and external, and key business representatives.
- Complete finance projects as assigned.
- To support the Head of Financial Control & Compliance Department with improving the process and controls associated with the Senior Accounting Officer (SAO) taxation annual sign off
- To manage and complete finance projects as assigned and to identify new projects as part of the FOC drive for continuous improvement
Knowledge skills & experience
- Qualified ACCA/CIMA Accountant with at least 1 year + Post Qualification Experience.
- Experience of working within a Finance environment.
- Experience of working within finance shared services, including finance processes and ERP environments, is desirable.
- Computer literate. Proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word and Office.
- A high degree of financial, commercial and customer awareness.
- Excellent numerical and communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a highly pressurised and driven environment.
- Experience of finance projects.
- Some exposure to accounting for different corporate taxes
- Experience in the planning and successful implementation of finance projects
- Problem Solving and Analysis – Analyses issues and breaks them down into their component parts.
- Makes systematic and rational judgements based on relevant information.
- Quality orientation - Shows awareness of goals and standards. Follows through to ensure that quality and productivity standards are met.
- Flexibility - Successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions.
- Work within the scope of Support Services accounting policies, processes, procedures.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups.