An excellent opportunity has become available working for a highly established company based in Wickford. You will be reporting into the Group Financial Controller and your main purpose of the role is to provide the finacial accounting and control support to the FC as well as supervisory responsibility for the Financial Accountant.
The role will encompass the following:
- Preparing & posting all monthly journals to final TB stage
- Monthly TB review pre and post month end close.
- Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations and review with Financial Controller
- Quarterly Balance Sheet flux analysis
- Fixed Asset register management including depreciation and capital allowances calculations.
- Monthly accrual and prepayment accounting
- Monthly intercompany balances reconciliation
- VAT accounting (UK and ROI)
- All other accounting matters affecting the general ledger
- Monthly calculation and evaluation of project unbilled receivables and contract liabilities with Group FC.
- Monthly reconciliation of revenues recognized from projects
- Quarterly NRV assessment for contract and WIP inventory
- Monthly production of P&L and B/S from TB in Ms Excel
- Monthly overhead cost update and analysis
- Ensure all Key Financial Reports are reviewed, signed and filed correctly.
- National Statistics Office submissions
- Pensions management oversight
- Other reporting tasks as required from time to time
You must ideally be studying towards either your ACCA or CIMA as well as have project accounting experience to be a successful applicant. You will also need to have access to your own transport.